Get all the facts and statistics for teen drivers.
- The vast majority of teen crashes are due to inexperience. The more supervised time you spend behind the wheel when you have your learner's permit, the more experience you'll gain and the lower your risk of crashing.
- GDL laws are in place in all 50 states because they help teen drivers to safely and gradually gain driving experience before they are able to drive independently.
- Of those (teens) involved in crashes in 2000, 58% were speeding at the time of the crash.
- 65% of teen passenger deaths occur when another teenager is driving.
- Nearly half of the fatal crashes involving 16-year-old drivers were single vehicle crashes.
- In the last decade, over 68,000 teens have died in car crashes.
Check out our free RoadReady app which helps you to log all your supervised driving hours. Remember, the more hours you drive with your permit, the more experience you'll have once you're driving independently.
Do you like this page?